Is grabbing an international degree or diploma your dream? Undoubtedly, a foreign qualification always gives a much-needed boost to a student’s career-graph. These days, many students in India are preparing for studying abroad, especially in the countries like USA, UK, France, Germany and Spain.
When it comes to studying abroad, students generally eye for several courses in foreign universities and institutions. Master in business administration (MBA) always holds special preference for the students planning to go abroad for higher studies. Apart from MBA, many students also prefer to pursue the courses like humanities, arts, laws, engineering and medical in foreign universities.
People who are planning to study abroad need to appear in international examinations. These include
· IELTS: IELTS stands for the International English Language Testing System. This test is conducted by the British Council, the University of Cambridge ESOL Examination and IELTS Australia. During the examination, candidate’s English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills are evaluated.
· SAT: SAT stands for school admission test. For those students who want to take admission in any college in the USA at the undergraduate level, clearing SAT is necessary. There are two kinds of SAT tests. These include SAT reasoning test and SAT subject tests.
· GMAT: GMAT stands for the Graduate Management Admission Test. Most of the renowned global business schools conduct the test for checking the candidates’ aptitude.
· Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): If you are interested in taking admission in a medical institute in Canada or America, you need to appear in MCAT. The exam comprises mainly four sections, including Physical Science, Verbal Reasoning, Biological Science and Writing.
· Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Educational Testing Services in the USA conducts GRE exam. If you are interested in taking admission in a Fellowship and Research Programs of a foreign school or university, you need to clear GRE examination. Mainly, there are two types of GRE tests, including GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test.
·The Law School Admission Test (LSAT): If you want to study law in a law school approved by American Bar Association, you need to appear in law school admission test conducted by Law School Admission Council.
British Council Division
British Deputy High Commission
L & T Chambers, First Floor, 16 Camac Street, Kolkata 700017
Telephone +91 (0)33 2282 5370
Fax +91 (0)33 2282 4804
E-mail, general firstname.lastname@example.org
USIEF Regional Office
The American Center
38A, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata 700 071
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +91-33-3984 6300
Australian High Commission
1/50 G Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
Telephone: 011-4139 9900
Fax:011- 4149 4490
1006 Chiranjiv Towers, 43Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019.
Unit 7W, The Millennium, 235/2A AJC Bose Road
Adjacent to Hotel Hindusthan International, Kolkata 700020. India
Ph: (+91-33) 2283 5537, 3053 2020, 3053 2021
Fax: (+91- 33) 2283 5538, Email: email@example.com
805 Arjun Nagar, Bishampitahmah Marg,
Opp. Defence Colony (A-Block)
On Main Road – Kotla Mubarakpur,New Delhi 110003
Tel:(91)-(11)-46577550, 46577551, 46577552, 46577553, 40515555
Fax:(91)-(11) – 46577558
NB Educational (Kolkata)
AE-503, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City,
Sector – 1, Kolkata, 700 064, India
Tel: 033 23214263
Fax: 033 23594264
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
South Block, 206, 2nd Floor, Ideal Plaza,
11/1 Sarath Bose Road, Near Minto Park, Kolkata – 700020.
Tel: +91 – 033 – 40122333 / 9830543637
Fax: +91 – 033 – 40122399
website : www.edwiseinternational.com