Students are admitted to the Banaras Hindu University through the Pre-Medical Entrance Exam(BHU PMT) .The Banaras Hindu University rely primarily on the BHU exam to admit students. The students are admitted to MBBS/BDS/BMS only on the basis of their PMT score obtained
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 40% of SC/ST/OBC
- For admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS candidates need to score 50% mark under general category and 45% under general-PC and 40% marks under OBC/SC/ST
- B.Pharm requires 60% marks for general/OBC and respective PC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST and respective PC candidates.
- Age – 17 to 25 years.
- Those who are appearing for class 12 exams can also apply for the PMT exam
PMT Screening will be held from the 2nd week of May
PMT Mains will be held from the2nd week of June
Application Forms will be issued from Post Offices from the 1st week of January to the 3rd week of February,
Last Date for the submission of completed application forms will be the 2nd week of March
Pattern of BHU Medical Entrance Exam
The admission procedure for MBBS will consists of the following 2 stages
- PMT/PAT screening
- PMT – Main
For the others only the PMT screening test is required.
The screening test will be out of 200 marks comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and zoology.
- Measurement,Motion,Circular Motion,Wave Motion,Optics,Kinetic Theory of Gases,Physics of the Atom,Thermodynamics,Work and heat,First law of Thermodynamics,Electricity,Electro-Magnetic Induction,Nuclear Physics,
- Electronic Devices.
- Part I: General & Inorganic Chemistry-Structure of Atom,Molecule and Chemical Bond,Periodic Properties of Elements,Chemistry of Elements and Compounds.
- Part II: Organic Chemistry
- Part III: Physical Chemistry-State of Matter,Energetic,Chemical Equilibrium
- Zoology,Histology,Anatomy and Physiology,Reproductive System,Developmental Biology,Diversity of Animal Life,
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only), Symbiosis
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants,
- Plant growth and development,
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants,
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth,
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves,
- photosynthesis-history,importance,factors and mechanism,stomatal mechanism.
- Transpiration and respiration
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots.
- Absorption and cell water relations,transport of water and minerals,
- tropic and turgor movements.
- Botany and Human Welfare
List of BHU PMT centers
The BHU PMT screening test will be conducted at the following centers
A systematic approach is the best method of study .The exam is highly competitive .Therefore all your skills must be sharpened to the finest level. Good skills in verbal communication is also a prerequisite .You can either enroll yourself in a leading coaching class or study by yourself .Guidance of a Teacher is recommended .All the bases must be covered to know what is needed and what is not . Practicing previous years question papers is a good option .Several websites offer this .This will help you familiarize with the syllabus of exam .With good practice and thorough learning the questions of the PMT exam can be easily tackled.
Coaching Centers for HP CPMET
- Takshila Institute
- Sahil study Circle
- Oasis Education Services
- Laureate Institute of Pharmacy
- J.R.S Tutorials
- Hierank School of Competitors
- Guru Dhronacharya
- Daswani Classes Limited
- Career Point
- Brilliants Tutorials Private Ltd
- B.R.M. Academy
- Allen Career Institute
Courtesy : BHU PMT