Helpline: 9038058408
Find Courses In Your City:

V-SAT

V-SAT (Vignan University Entrance Test)

 VSAT or V-SAT entrance test is an all-India level entrance test, conducted by the Vignan University, Andhra Pradesh. After qualifying the V-SAT entrance exam, a candidate can take admission in various B.Tech programmes of Vignan University and its constituent colleges, where almost all the major branches of B.Tech programmes are offered.  Vignan University is a deemed to be university located in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh and is well known for its quality programmes at graduate and post graduate level, especially in the field of Engineering.

COURSES OFFERED BY VIGNAN UNIVERSITY

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

A candidate should have passed in 10+2 or its equivalent exam to appear in the VSAT entrance test with at least 60 percent marks aggregate and should be  below the age of 17.

RESERVATION POLICY

Vignan University has set a reservation policy in place where by a percentage of seats are reserved in order to mitigate backwardness of the social and educationally backward communities. In accordance 15% of the seats are reserved for the scheduled castes, and 7.5% of the seats are reserved for scheduled tribes and another 27% has been reserved for the other backward classes

There is no relaxation of the criteria for passing the exams or graduating a course. The candidates admitted through the reservation policy are also subjected to the same criteria as the general candidates in terms of fee structure and graduation policy.

If there is any vacancy available in the seats that are allocated to fill via reservation policy, the opportunity will be passed to the general candidates.

V-SAT AND RESULT DATES 

EXPECTED  REGISTRATION TIME EXPECTED  EXAM  DATE RESULT
Within the January to April Within the first week of May Within the month of June

NOTE- Time schedule of the whole process can change year to year

EXAM PATTERN

VSAT entrance test is of three hours duration, in which, objective type of questions are asked. Each question carries four marks. For a wrong answer, there is a provision of negative marking. It  is a 3 hour duration exam paper consisting of 4 sections on from physics, chemistry, math, biology subjects. Each question will be of 1 mark. There will also be negative marking for each wrong answer. There will be approx  120 questions 40 questions on mathematics or biology, there will be 30 questions on physics and chemistry separately and 20 questions on English.The question pattern and division can differ year to year.There is no break within the exam

Note – Using of calculating devices and log table are prohibited in the exam.

EXAM CENTRE

In various cities across the country. The list of test centers are updated in Vignan University’s website every year before the exam notification published. Once the exam centre allotted  shall not be changed under any circumstances.

  RESULT AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE

Based on V-SAT examination  80% of the total intake will be decided (in the order of merit). The remaining 20% of the total intake (‘B’ Category) would be based on the eligibility criteria (a minimum of aggregate of 60% in Class 12

SUPPORTING INSTITUTES

·        Vignan’s Institute of Engineering For Women, Visakhapatnam (VIEW)
·        Vignan’s Foundation of Science, Technology & Research
·        Vignan’s Institute of Information Technology
·        Vignan Institute of Technology and Science

TIPS FOR V-SAT EXAM:

The candidates can cover all the portions for the all Entrance Exam. It is good to go for coaching centers. This will help candidates them to get familiar with topics. Therefore, the exam will be easy for the applicants. If an aspirant is studying by themselves, the use guides and other reference books. Many guidebooks are available in the market. It is good to work out the model question papers also. Once the candidate makes use of the sample papers, he/she can build up speed, thinking and accuracy skills, and concept clearance.

TOP TRAINING INSTITUTES FOR V-SAT