Get details about the CAT exam paper, registration procedure, best management institutes, etc. Also have a look at past years’ actual test papers, solutions, detailed analysis and practice mock CAT tests to clear the cutoff score and get admission in best MBA colleges in India.
• The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India including the IIMs.
• The CAT score is used separately by each institute along with other parameters i.e. academic performance, work experience, group discussion, written assessment and interview performance etc. to select candidates. The weightage assigned to CAT score may differ for each institute. Candidates are advised to read the weightage, process and breakup for each institute on its respective website.
• The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. (Candidate if selected needs to submit a certificate latest by 30th June 2015 from the Principal/Registrar of College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.)
15.00% Scheduled Caste (SC)
7.50% Scheduled Tribe (ST)
27.00% Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer
3.00% Differently Abled (DA)
Test Duration & Pattern
Section No. of Questions Duration
1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
2 hrs. 50 mins
50 number of question
2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
2 hrs. 50 mins
50 number of question
Significant changes in CAT
• Exam duration has been increased to 170 minutes from the existing limit of 140 minutes.
• Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation will consist of 50 questions and Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability will have 50 questions each.
• The tutorial which was made available before start of examination will not be available this time.
• Candidates have the flexibility to devote more or less time to each section according to their ability.
• One can switch over from one section to another section at any point during the examination timing.
CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.
Registrations Aug – Sep
Download of Admit Card Oct
Exam dates Nov & Nov
Results 3rd Week of Dec,
Top Colleges Under CAT
Apart from the present 13 IIMs, the Government has decided to open six new IIMs, one each in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. CAT will also include the Registration option for these new IIMs.Other prominent B- Schools (not in any particular order) that accept CAT scores are:
S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research IMT Ghaziabad
NITIE K. J. Somaiya Institute Of Management Studies And Research
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi MICA Ahmedabad
MDI Gurgaon SJMSOM (IIT-Bombay)
VGSOM (IIT Kharagpur) Department of Management Studies (NIT Trichy)
DMS (IIT-Delhi) TAPMI
IMI Delhi XIM-B
How to Apply
• Register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
• Note: Payment of registration fee can be done through online modes only including credit card, debit card or through net banking.
• You do not have the option of choosing you preferred slot this time
• You must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if you are selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.