NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
LPU NEAT is an eligibility test for admission to some of the Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Lateral Entry Engineering programmes offered by LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY.
Courses offered at Lovely Professional University
B. Tech (Honors),
B. Tech (Honors)-MBA,
B. Tech (Honors)-M.Tech
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
B Tech (Dual Degree)
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any one of Chemistry/ Biology/Computer Science/ Bio- Tech. For B.Tech(Hons)- Biotech candidates should have passed with Physics, Chemistry and either Maths/Biology. Also the candidates should have got atleast 50% aggregate marks in their 12th exams. Those who are appearing for class 12th exams can also apply
NEAT EXAM AND RESULT DATES
|EXPECTED REGISTRATION TIME
||EXPECTED EXAM DATE
|Within the first week of February and March
||Within the month of April to July Daily except on public holiday
||Within the first week of MAY
NOTE- Time schedule of the whole process can change year to year
- The test will be of one and half hour duration and will comprise of multiple choice questions.
- The test will be conducted in online mode only.
- The language of the test paper shall be English only.
- There would be no negative marks for a wrong answer.
- The test will be based on the syllabi for 10+1 & 10+2 of Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), New Delhi.
The time slots that are provided for the test are 9.00am – 10.30am / 11.45am –12.15pm / 12.30pm – 2.00pm / 2.30pm – 4.0 pm / 4.15pm -5.45pm / 6pm – 7.30pm
STRUCTURE OF THE TEST
Number of questions
Marks for each Question
Any three of the
|* The Cut-off for eligibility for B.Tech Programmes will be 30 percent and that for B.Tech(Hons) will be 35 marks.**
Note: No extra time for whatsoever reason will be allowed to attempt question paper after the stipulated time is over.
Score Validity of LPU NEAT will be twelve months
GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE EXAMINATION
- The Test Administrator will issue instructions regarding the conduct of the examination before the test starts.
- Applicants are required to read carefully and understand the instructions displayed on the screen of the computer before commencing the test.
- Applicants can clear their doubts from Test Administrator before the commencement of the examination. No query shall be entertained after the commencement of the examination.
- For every question, four answer options would be given on the computer screen. The correct answer will be amongst four options.
- Applicants must ‘Mouse-click’ the option they feel appropriate / correct. After mouse-clicking, the said option gets selected and shall be treated as the answer given by the Applicant for the question. For moving to the next question, click-on “next button” at the bottom of the screen.
- Questions can be answered in any order within the given time.
- After all questions are attempted, Applicants must click on “submit” button at the bottom of the screen to submit
- Applicants can make changes in their choice of alternative only before clicking the “Submit” button.
- To recheck answers, after attempting all questions, click -on the “Back” button.
- If Applicant wants to attempt unattempted questions or review attempted questions, they may do so before clicking on submit button. Serial number of questions will appear on the screen. Clicking the respective question number will take Applicants to that specific question on the question paper page.
- After completing the Examination, click the ‘Submit’ button on the screen.
- After the expiry of test duration, Applicants will not be able to attempt any question or check their answers. Answers will be saved automatically by the computer system even if the “Submit” button on the preview screen is not clicked.
RESULT AND ADMISSION PROCEDUR
|Admission is based on Merit basis on valid score in the NEAT conducted by LPU
The exam is concentrated for Lovely Professional University
TIPS FOR NEAT EXAM:
Candidate concentrate on each section practiced by sample papers and previous year’s question paper for mathematics as more questions will be asked from that section .Study the problems by doing it. Otherwise one will not get enough speed or time for entrance exam as he needs to complete each question within a minute. Study other subjects after completing maths.candidates can make use of coaching centers and sample question papers.
TOP TRAINING INSTITUTES FOR NEAT
- Fermat Education’s 2IIM – Coaching Classes
- SAHIL Study Circle
- Career Forum
- Career Launcher (CL)
- AKAASH INSTITUTE
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)
- Courtesy :Lovely professional university WEBSITE